Thursday, January 28, 2010

No Bakes

We used to make no-bake cookies when I was a kid and I loved them. I felt like making them the other day and found this great recipe of Allrecipes.com. It was one that I thought the boys could easily help out with.

It's not the healthiest snack, but what cookies are? At least it has milk at oats in it, right? (I'm not posting the recipe here, but make sure to check out the link. I always like to read through the reviews on their site to get additional advice on the recipes from those who have made it.)

I let the boys help put the ingredients in the pot before I started cooking.

With very close supervision and assistance older children could also help pour the remaining ingredients in one the pot is. If they are still too young, just let them help measure the oats and peanut butter to let you dump in when the cocoa mixture is ready.

They can also help you when it comes time to plop spoonfuls of "dough" on the cookie sheet.

After they either cool on the counter or in the freezer (if you can't wait like me), time to chow down.

No comments: