Friday, March 9, 2012

Food Friday: Bunny Bait

 
I realize that by posting an Easter treat that it sort of feels like I am neglecting St. Patrick's Day. Sorry St. Patrick's day, I will get to you soon. 
My girls and I decided to make a yummy treat we saw via Pinterest. The idea actually came from:

I wanted to make something that they could definitely help with. 
Here are the instructions from that website with my adjustments/suggestions in parenthesis.

Bunny Bait
1 bag popcorn, popped (I used Homestyle Pop Secret)
6 oz. white chocolate candy coating (I used almond bark. YUM!)
1 bag Easter M&Ms (I used a full bag and I wouldn't add that much next time)
pretzel sticks, broken into small pieces
colorful sprinkles, if desired
Place the popped popcorn in a large bowl with the broken up pretzels and M&Ms. Heat the candy coating in the microwave in 30 second intervals, stirring after each time, until melted and smooth.
Drizzle the candy coating over the popcorn mixture and stir to coat. The pretzels and M&Ms will sink to the bottom, so make sure to get those stirred in and coated with the rest of the popcorn.
Spread out on a large piece of wax paper, top with a few sprinkles (if desired) and let cool. Break into pieces and serve in a large bowl.

My kids were SO proud of their accomplishment. It's too bad I didn't take any pictures of them in their aprons and in the process of making it.  I had them help with the process from start to finish. They looked at the instructions online, we made a grocery list, they helped get the items at the grocery store and helped with the rest of the process. 

No comments: