Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Summer Chores

I know, summer is for doing fun things, but it has also been a nice time to get my kids in the habit of helping around the house and having regular chores. My girls have really liked these charts for the past few years and for each job they do they get to put a sticker in the space. My sister, Collette, drew all the pictures for me when I was putting this together a few years ago. It has also been good incentive because each morning my girls have to do at least 6 of these chores and their school type/learning work before we play, etc.  Also, in many articles I have read about ways to build confidence in your kids, it frequently talks about the importance of them having jobs around the house and the confidence and sense of accomplishment it builds. I can attest to that. I have one daughter that loves her chores and has them all done in 15 minutes and another that drags her feet and hates it. It's funny though because as soon as she is done, I can see her feeling proud of her accomplishments and although it was a hassle to get her to get them done, she feels good about herself and often times WANTS to help with other things because of the way these made her feel. I just have to get her past the initial struggle. haha. These even work for my 2 year old.

No comments: