Friday, April 17, 2009

Bloom Where You Are Planted

I grew up with my mother telling me a story called "Bloom where you are Planted." It is a great little story about being happy with your surroundings & making the most of them, no matter your situation. I loved it and it has stuck with me ever since & I live by it.

So, I decided to tell my girls the story while we decorated flower pots and planted some of their favorite flowers in them. They had a great time & it is fun to discuss gardening & tying in some of life's little lessons.


Filling our pots with soil

planting the seeds and tucking them in

watering our seeds

their home until they grow big and pretty!
For now we sit and wait patiently for our beautiful flowers to grow. For a 2 & 5 year old, not always the easiest part!!

2 comments:

dana said...

Very cute idea. I love seeing kids learn new skills and lessons. Your mom was/is a great mom. A lot of it rubbed off on you!

Cate said...

what a great legacy to learn to love where you are planted. grandma is very wise!

the pots (and of course the kids) are adorable. we're about to plant some indoor stuff, and you've inspired me to take an extra day to paint our pots first. thanks!