Friday, November 9, 2012

Food Friday- Chocolate Chip Reese's Puff Treats


 
When I saw this treat here I thought, "what a wonderful and delicious sounding treat." It sort of felt like a Halloween season type treat, but we didn't make it to making it before Halloween, so now I think, "What a great Thanksgiving type treat." ;) 
 Chocolate Chip Reese's Puffs Treats

Ingredients:
-7 Cups Reese's Puffs Cereal
-4 oz Box of Reese's Pieces
-12 oz Bag of mini marshmallows 
(I used a couple bags of different left over marshmallows I had)
-4 T Butter/Margarine
-Cooking Spray
-Chocolate Chips (The recipe I saw didn't have chocolate in it, but I love peanut butter and chocolate together and had to try it)


 
We measured out the Reese's Puffs cereal into a big bowl
 
Melt the butter and marshmallows until melted and smooth, but don't over cook it.
  
Pour the marshmallows and butter into the Reese's Puffs bowl and mix
Quickly add 2/3 of the box of Reese's Pieces and a few handfuls of chocolate chips. They will melt a little, but that is the idea.
 Smooth the mixture into a greased 9x13 pan
 Add the rest of the Reese's Pieces and a few more chocolate chips to the top of the mixture and then start your mouth-watering stares.
 Because we are impatient and it was WAY passed bedtime we put ours in the freezer to harden a little.
 I must say, it was DELICIOUS!!!! Quite rich, but delicious. I recommend a large glass of cold milk with it. It really was yummy and the kids loved it too and it was super easy. We will be repeating this one. I think the chocolate really added something to it too.

No comments: