Friday, June 7, 2013

Cloud Dough

 I don't know why this one is called "dough," but it is fun to play with. I got the recipe from Juggling With Kids.  
Basically you just mix together 8 cups of flour with 1 cup of baby oil. I have read that other oils work too, but when you have a giant bottle of baby oil that you bought for some reason thinking you'd actually use it on a baby and since you know better than to use for getting skin cancer laying out, cloud dough is a good way to use some of it up. (That was one amazing run-on sentence.)
  I just dumped them into a bin and mixed with my hands until it would sort of hold together when squeezed.
 This is a great sensory activity for little ones.
And my older kids got into it too.
They even abandoned bike riding for it!
 Although this could easily be played with inside, it's kind of messy and I think better suited for outside.

No comments: