Wednesday, December 3, 2008

THANKFUL Banner

I saw this project on a site my friend recommended and thought it was great. It is easy, fun and very enjoyable. There are so many fun ways to make it your own. Click here. I choose items that I had in my pantry, corn, beans, wild rice and then I let the children go outside and find what they thought would be fun to add. Acorns, sticks, leaves were among their favorites. It was like a scavenger hunt. Then just choose 81/2 X 11 paper in colors of your choice, craft glue & a hole punch & string to hang your banner at the end.

Write out each letter in glue and then place the item you choose all over it. It does take quite a few hours to dry completely, so I would recommend setting it aside overnight until fully dried. It should hold really well. We used acorns on one letter and they all stayed in place.


The kids found it very easy to place the beans, rice, acorns, leaves, or whatever it is you choose to use on the letters that I wrote out in glue for them.

Display where all will see and enjoy. It is a fun and easy craft for all ages. My 2 year old was able to do it very easily and of course my 4 year old just thought it was the greatest thing

No comments: