Friday, March 23, 2012

Food Friday: Cake Batter Pudding Cookies


I have been pinning A LOT of desserts on pinterest, which isn't good for someone like me who is trying to lose weight, but making one occasionally isn't too bad I guess and my kids loved it. We decided to go with a recipe we got from a blog called Chef In Training http://www.chef-in-training.com/2011/10/cake-batter-pudding-cookies.html
 Here is the recipe from that site. My adjustments are in parenthesis.

CAKE BATTER PUDDING COOKIES
  • 1 1/2 sticks (or 3/4 cup) butter
  • 3/4 cup brown sugar
  • 1/4 cup sugar
  • 1 (3.4 oz) package instant vanilla pudding mix, dry
  • 3/4 cup yellow cake mix, dry (I used a funfetti cake because I got it mixed up with a different recipe I was looking at. haha )
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 tsp vanilla
  • 1 tsp baking soda
  • 2-1/4 cups flour
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • sprinkles (I omitted this since I had the funfetti cake, but the sprinkles would have made it cuter)
Preheat oven to 350 F.
Stir together flour, salt and baking soda and set aside.
In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars together.
Add in pudding package and cake mix and beat until well blended.
Add eggs and vanilla and mix until smooth.
Add flour mixture slowly until well incorporated.
Mix in sprinkles sprinkles.
Roll into 1" balls and place on greased baking sheet.
Bake at 350 F for 10-12 minutes.
I had no intention of making this a fine motor skills activity, but I was surprised to see that my daughter that struggles with that had a hard time opening the pudding box. So, it was nice to get a little of that practice in here too. :)
 They were way yummier than they look here. I had just used my mini ice cream scooper to make the balls for the cookies, but because the dough was so thick they were a little gooey inside and too well cooked on the outside.
 So for the send batch I pressed them down with a fork and they cooked more evenly.
 Enjoy with a large glass of milk

No comments: